Please check your outdoor furnace exhaust pipe and clear away any ice buildup. Do NOT hit the plastic pipe when doing this, it could crack. A couple wacks with the hammer should get rid of the ice and keep you safe from carbon monoxide. Thanks to Kathy R. for posting this earlier. High of 20 degrees tomorrow, almost there!
The Clerk and Utility Clerk’s Office will be open tomorrow, Tuesday, 1/29/19 as scheduled from 9 am- 2 pm. We will then be closed on both Wednesday 1/30/19 and Thursday 1/31/19. Normal hours return next week; Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9-2. Here is a link to the latest Travel Warnings for our area, stay safe everyone: https://www.in.gov/dhs/traveladvisory/
- Some suggestions we thought we would pass on for the upcoming Arctic Cold Snap on Wednesday and Thursday this week:
- Keep your heat at same temperature night and day
- Keep cabinet doors open where there is plumbing
- Let faucet drip to keep water moving along outside walls
- Get your pets inside a heated area and monitor water bowls for ice
- Check on your neighbors
- Keep cell phones charged
- If travel is absolutely necessary, fill up tank, take blankets & phone
- 30’s & 40’s by the weekend, hang on it will be over soon!
Trash and Recycling pick up is moving to Friday, 2-1-2019 due to the extreme cold. If you have any questions you may call Republic Trash at: 574-842-4719. Please be sure to bring your trash and recycling cans off of the street once pick up happens in order for the plows to pass. Thank you for your patience.
This snow sure is pretty to look at! If you have to travel today, be sure to fill up your gas tank and have your cell phone charged. Emergency personnel and tow trucks will be busy and it may take longer to get to you. We are expecting more snow and more wind later today with bitter cold tomorrow. St. Joseph County road conditions are currently at an Advisory Level: The lowest level of local travel advisory, means that routine travel or activities may be restricted in areas because of a hazardous situation, and individuals should use caution or avoid those areas. That could change throughout the day so here is the INDOT link to keep an eye on road conditions: